Wednesday, June 19, 2013

She's back!!! and a WiP

It's two-two-two posts in one!

I am pleased to say that I'm back in the studio. With report cards, class trips, and everything else work related finished, the summer can officially start. Though Mother Nature seems to be disagreeing with me around these parts!

Mme S-S's retirement quilt - I admit it. I gave up. Not fully, mind you, but I did abandon that lovely/cursed Paris map print. It just didn't play well with others. The new fabric arrived two days ago and is already washed and ironed. I chose fabrics from the Bonjour Mon Ami by Amanda Murphy. It seemed fitting from one amie/prof de français to another! My plan is to make a Wonky Stripe block à la Elizabeth Hartman. Mme S-S officially retired this week, so her present will be a smidge late... I think she'll forgive me!






K's Dare - Found out that Miss K is rockin' a queen size bed and got to work on more blocks. Have now finished the quilt top. Just need to buy backing and batting to move on... less than a month to go to the big day!

Transformer - No progress
Ocean Strata - No progress 
2012 M1 quilt - COMPLETED and already on display in my classroom!
2013 M1 quilt  -Top is well on it's way to done, just need to create the panel for the class name & year


Warm/Cool HST - No progress. Oddly enough, it seems I need more fabric scraps. How can this be possible?! I may need to call in the Squares to help me out on this one!

So that's what's happening with all those "hurry up and finish it" items... I have the say that I'm feeling the urge to start some fresh, new projects. With only two quilts with clear deadlines, who knows what will happen!

Happy Wednesday all!

J



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html