Sunday, February 09, 2014

Another love...

It's the most wonderful time of the year! Nope, not February. That's not my favourite... ugh... the Month of the Dark Lord. But once every four years, the MoDL is significantly improved. That's right.... http://www.ccsuvt.org/adl/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Olympic-Rings.jpg
It's Olympic time! I love it so much that I even hosted an Opening Ceremonies Olympic Kick off party, complete with these...
 Photo: Yup. That's an Olympic torch cupcake. That's how I roll.
But what about the quilting? I hear you saying. This is a quilting blog after all, not some sort of Olympic fan page. I'm thinking I really need a new EPP project. Especially since I'm going to be spending a lot (and I do mean A LOT) of time in front of the television for the next 2 weeks. I got to cutting during the Opening Ceremonies (the live morning broadcast, not during the evening party!) I was so distracted by the pageantry, I sliced the tip of my finger with the rotary cutter!
On Saturday, I mooched a few more cuts from Q-D when she (and the rest of the Squares) were here for a Quilt Therapy session. My goal is to have no fabric repeated in this project. Have you figured out what the plan is?
Here's a little hint...
http://architectureofthegames.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/sochi-pattern2.jpg 
I am completely in love with this imagery from the Games. It's on everything... volunteer jackets, snow fences, race bibs, you name it. I even went on the Olympic website and considered buying a scarf or something. But the shipping from Russia! A little prohibitive. So... I'm gonna make my own! Perhaps a pillow or maybe a mini wallhanging.

Even though I'm no where close to finished, I'm linking up with the In Hand EPP link party at Splish Splash Stash.

Go, Canada, Go!

J


10 comments:

  1. Those torches are fabulous! I have an Olympic EPP project going too (also diamonds!). Isn't it funny how once you start quilting you see patchwork everywhere? I love the US snowboarding patchwork jackets too! Can't wait to see your finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won't believe it, but I haven't turned the Olympics on once. I would for one of your torches though :-). Love your fabric - it's going to look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the torches and can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. now those images from the games look so much better to me than when I saw them on the staff jackets! I can see how they would inspire you. I hope your further adventures in Olympic epp are less hazardous! good luck with your project - I'm interested to see where it leads.

    thanks for linking up with "in hand"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes! Every night when we watch the Olympics (Go, Canada!) I tell my husband "that is a quilt pattern and I think I need to make it!". I look forward to watching yours come together. Love how you call February MoDL. So true!! Here's to March (but in its time, I don't want the days going by any faster).

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Be still my scrappy heart! I am enjoying all the quilty images from Russia so much. Can't wait to see how your project turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is going to be awesome! Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cool. I love watching the Olympics too (pretty much the only TV I watch at all), and my heart beats a little faster everytime I see something quilty. Which is every time the TV is on! Looking forward to see your rendition of Sochi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been loving those diamond pieced banners too. I look forward to seeing your version.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh! I love you Sochi diamonds!! I can't wait to see what you do with them. You have some gorgeous projects on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html