First, I tackled the pieced borders... they're definitely going to add some interest to this bold quilt.I used some of the reds and blues from the quilt top along with a lovely grey Robert Kaufman print.
Initially, I printed the templates from the pattern, but they didn't turn out the right size. But then I played around with my print settings for PDFs. Instead of leaving it on the Actual Size setting, I switched to Custom Scale and left it at 100%. It worked much better!
Once I've gotten these pesky report cards finished, I'll officially be on summer vacay and can devote much more time to quilty pleasures. I've planned a trip to Avonport Discount Fabrics on Monday with Q-A to motivate me to stay on track with reports. Ahhh... the power of positive reinforcement!
PS. It's also Week 2 of the New Quilt Blogger Blog Hop. I'm not up for a while yet, but hop on over and check out some other new bloggers. I guarantee they'll be happy to have a visit from you! And there's a fabric giveaway!