Wednesday, June 18, 2014

WiP Wednesday - The Behmoth!!!

Summer vacation has officially begun! Report cards are done and I don't have to go back to work for... well, a while! I've been making the most of my time and sewing a lot!

I've been working away on J-Boy's Good Old Hockey Game and the appliqué on the top is done. There might be a few speed wobbles present, but it's by far the happiest I've ever been with machine appliqué of mine.  I don't know how I managed such a dull pic on a sunny day! Q-A and I went on a F.A.R.T (check Alphabet Soup if you're scratching your head on this one!) and I've got the batting and some snazzy backing all washed and ready to go.
And here's a blast from the past - Toes in the Sand! I can't believe I haven't worked on this one since January! On the week-end, I cut all the setting triangles and now the top's sewn together. And I have backing and batting ready to go for this one too! It was just starting to rain as this pic was snapped... oh the silly things we do for quilts!
 
I even pressed the seams open as directed. What a time consuming process! Don't you just love that Sun Print Text fabric? It cost me an arm and a leg by the time I got it here, but I just couldn't see a solid as those setting triangles.
Finally, inspiration struck in the Michael Miller MQG Challenge department! I made a fun pillow a while back, but used so little challenge fabric that it seemed ridiculous! But this second project - this feels so much more... challenge-y! Here are a few progress pics to whet your appetite.
 Those are stitch and flip triangles you're seeing.
 And yes, those are my new spools of Aurifil lurking in the background. More to come on this quilt in a future post... the top is done and ready to be layered!
It's been a great week of sewing! I hardly wait to get away from the computer and back to the machine! I'm so excited about the progress I've made this week that I'm linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced and The Needle and Thread Network.

J

P.S. Speaking of link-ups, for all you Library Project-ers out there, don't forget that this Friday is the start of the monthly link-up!

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on such a productive week of sewing! You have so many lovely projects going right now. I totally had to look up F.A.R.T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you had a good F.A.R.T... hmmm... let me re-phrase that! I remember when we F.A.R.T.ed together 2 years ago. Someday, I promise, I will get to the stage when I need your expert guidance again. Hopefully, sooner than later! Love the fabric of your new project...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toes in the sand is a great quilt! You definitely needed those setting triangles!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...wonderful work going on, but I adore the hockey quilt!!!!! any chance on getting that pattern???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your machine applique turned out great. no stopping you now! The hockey rink quilt is just wonderful! Your Toes in the Sand is wonderful too! Gotta get a closer look at that one. Those are some very amazing blocks! Can't wait to see your MM challenge design. Lots going on and now you also have time to kick back and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok that Hockey rink is fab! The borders, the applique, all just awesome! Is this a pattern or something you made up? I bet you could make a pattern out of it... And thanks for the shout out on TLP. Writing the link up post now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had fun on our F.A.R.T. Can't wait for another one. Both quilts are looking pretty good

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovin' that hockey quilt! Canajen, eh? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Michael Miller fabrics. I cannot wait to see what you come up with for the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The hockey game quilt is incredible.....I love it. You can't go wrong with text on fabric. I've been looking at ordering the same fabric. It looks perfect in this quilt. Ok....you've whet my appetite...I'll try to be patient but I hope I don't have to wait too long to see the MM quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilts look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are on fire! Loving the hockey quilt-especially the stripes on the border and all the details on the ice surface. You"re going to have a very productive summer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the hockey quilt! Super cute! I am not showing my son in law!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your hockey rink turned out so awesome! I love how it pops off the darker border, and the little bits of colour in the border are fantastic!
    So happy to see toes in the sand again, i was wondering what happened to that one! Can't wait to see these finish up!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html