Welcome to A Quarter Inch from the Edge and my stop on the Meet Maritime Modern Blog Hop! I'm very excited to be participating and hope you'll enjoy all the stops on the hop. Here I am...I'm usually the one behind the camera, not in front! I'm a Middle School French teacher by trade, but I'm currently on maternity leave with my nearly 6 month old twins. They're known collectively in blogland as Double Trouble (DT) or indvidually as GT and BT. I've been quilting for 17 years and loving fabric for a whole lot longer. I can't say I was always a modern quilter, but floral was never my thing!
A few short snappers about me:
- I have a mild obsession with Kona. (See Kona Love)
- I'm a life long Girl Guide. And yes, I have cookies for sale.
- Sewing is my favourite form of stress management (apart from chocolate).
- I am a strong proponent of breakfast dessert.
- My travel research always includes local quilt shops.
- I am unable to resist watching the following movies if I come across them on TV: Footloose, Forest Gump, and School of Rock. And I usually have TV shows or movies playing while I sew.
- My first ever quilt was a queen sized double Irish chain that I quilted horizontally & vertically every 2 inches.... on my little 'ole Singer. It was forest green... yikes!
- My dream job? Nail polish color namer (or Kona namer... I'm not picky!)
- Some items on my quilty bucket list: Hawaiian appliqué, orange peel, and something made with every colour of the Kona rainbow.
Skill Builder BOM from Pile o' Fabric
It's far from my only WIP, just the one I'm the most excited about! There's always at least half a dozen on the go... I keep a list that's updated each January.
So that's a little about things here at A Quarter Inch from the Edge. Tomorrow, our fearless President is taking up the blog hop torch. I hope you'll pop over to Chezzetcook Modern Quilts and see what's going on. I'm willing to bet you'll find a quilt (or seven) to fall in love with!
Here's the rest of the schedule for you readers who like to plan ahead!
Thursday, May 7 - Tracy @ Quilting on the Dark Side
Friday, May 8 - Anja @ Anja Quilts
Saturday, May 9 - Val @ Purple Boots and Pigtails
Sunday, May 10 - Linda @ Scrapmaster
Monday, May 11 - Jeanette @ Stamp Stitch Create
Tuesday, May 12 - Dominique @ The Running Thimble
Wednesday, May 13 - Aimee @ Candy Coated Quilts
if you had a million dollars (it's a favourite game of mine!) You get a bonus entry if you're a member of a modern quilt guild. Just leave a second comment telling me the name of your guild. The giveaway is open until Friday, May 15th at midnight Atlantic Time!