Wednesday, October 07, 2015

WIP Wednesday - Dog Gone It!

I have been procrastinating. Again. But this week, I finally selected my fabrics for...
Sew Fresh Quilts
With all those goals I set for September, I didn't manage to make much progress on my pups during the Quilt Along. Now I need to put the pedal to the metal (or the carpet in my case) and get going in time for my stop on the Blog Hop at month's end! There's also a link-up in November, so pop on over to Sew Fresh Quilts and check it all out. I know I couldn't resist those Dog Gone Cute pups!
I decided to dive into that lovely pile of Cotton & Steel Basics that has been living within arm's reach of my desk for over a year. There will be one project with cream & light teal pups and another with cream & navy pups. The pink is for the insides of ears and the black is for noses and eyes. 
Then I remembered that I need a background fabric! Out came Cotton & Steel Sprinkles. My plan is to make two small quilts for DT to use in their carseats. They have many lovely blankets and quilts, but having little ones that can be tucked around them will make car travel cozier once the winter is upon us!

And in other work in progress.... I decided that if I was actually going to use my Cotton & Steel stack, I needed to just pull the trigger and wash it. On to ironing!
I'm linking up today with Let's Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts as well as WIP Wednesday @ Freshly Pieced. Pop on over and see what's going on in the quilty blogosphere this week!

J

12 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your puppies. Great fabric choice. I didn't realize you had an Ikea cart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabrics you pulled for your quilts. Those should be just the right size for the car seats. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These will make cute puppies and your idea for small car quilts is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the C+S fabrics are going to look great. And keeping DT warm and cozy in the winter sounds like a perfect plan, and one they are sure to appreciate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. C+S pups, what's not to love? :) Looking forward to seeing how DT's quilts turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am afraid to show my daughter this pattern as I know she will want one. I have that ikea cart too- so useful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are going to be mighty cute puppies. Your children will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thinking your quilt is going to be really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh MY! This surely must be a sign that you've made it to the big times, Jenn!!! All this spam? What a pain.... But those dogs are going to be so CUTE in all that C&S. Car quilts are a great idea. Nothing better to keep you warm in the winter than a cute dog or two!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing a pile of freshly washed fabric! And what's better than standing in front of an ironing board and smelling the fresh ironed fabric?! Maybe there are a few things better, but I love to iron! Can't wait to see your cotton + steel dogs...they will be so adorably cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty pile of fabric :) Can't wait to see the finished projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice fabric choice! Look forward to seeing your pups~

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html