I came to a horrible realization yesterday. I made a ModQImprov block for the April Queen Bee, put in an envelope, addressed it and.... never sent it! Ooops! And a worse crime in the eyes of my devoted readers (ha ha!), I failed to blog about it. In this post - a double dose of ModQImprov blocks.
For April, the Queen Bee requested a selvage block that included a star of some kind. That leaves a gal a lot of room to maneuver! Since the lovely Dominique over at the Running Thimble wrote a tutorial just for me a few months back, I decided to put it to use - wonky star à la Dominque!
I started out with my trusty notebook. With trepidation, I will admit. This appeared to have some math involved. Instead of using prints in the white areas as Dominique did, I planned to make areas of selvage.
For May's block, the Queen Bee requested a wonky pinwheel and offered up a lovely tutorial from Greenleaf Goods. She gave this palette from Design Seeds for inspiration.
Definitely inspiring! I dove into the scrap bins and pulled some treasures. Printing the palette and having it on hand really helps me stick to the brief!
Red Volunteer daylily (It'll be far more impressive in 3 months time!)
Hope you got some sewing in on this sunny Saturday! Or maybe you even got outdoors for some precious sunshine! Though I only finished one block, I had a great day sewing with my pals, the Squares!