Wednesday, February 22, 2017

WIP - No Need to Rush

You've already heard about how I fell in love with Release the Kraken. The evil team of Quarter Inch of Quirk is made up of Angie from Gnome Angel and Kristy of Quiet Play. I ended up following Angie on Instagram... and another WIP was born! This time, it's the Snail Paced Slow-Along Sew-Along.
The deal is that you create just one snail block a week and post it on Instagram (with a whack of hashtags if you want to win prizes!).  The pattern is by Pen + Paper Designs

As with a lot of my recent projects (and keeping with last year's Stash Manifesto), I dove into the scrap bins. Honestly, those things are stuffed with goodness!
These are the goodies pulled from my "Cool" bin. I have my scraps organized into five main bins: Cool Prints, Warm Prints, Neutral Prints, Christmas, Cool Konas, and Warm Konas. I know it might seem like a little much, but it works for me.

Thanks to Lynn @ Buttons Quilts, not just for egging me on to start this sew along, but also for the idea of naming each snail. This little cutie is Kneehigh (and snail 4 of 42)!
 And here's Snicket (Snail 3 of 42)
I will admit here and now that some weeks just don't leave much time for sewing. My plan is to sew up a month's worth of snails at my monthly MMQG Sew In. Then I won't be scrambling to meet my Sunday goal! Here are February's snails!
  Snail 5 of 42, Flighty...
Snail 6 of 42, Slimey. Almost named Mercury.
And here's Woodford.(Snail 7 of 42). 
 And the yet to be released into the Instagram world, Zig. (Snail 8 of 42)
I'm hoping to find time at this week-end's Sew In to get the March snails sewn together!

I'm linking up today with Let's Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts. Pop on over and be inspired! 

J




12 comments:

  1. Your line up of snails are really quite cute! I love that you have paired up each print shell with a solid body. This is going to be a cool quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your collection is growing. I like that you give them names.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, your snails are too cute. I've seen so many pieced animals but I believe this is the first non-animal critter that I've seen. Very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though I have a "fear" of snails (& slugs in the PNW), I love this pattern, and bought it when I first saw that it was available. I love what you are doing with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great names! Snicket is my fave :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate to point this out but you know me well enough to expect this...does Snicket have a shell problem???

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really think these guys are cute and I want to make one, but why do I need a snail?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why am I not surprised that you've named each snail! Makes it even more fun! They are adorable. XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! Slimey is my fave. Sounds like you are having a fun time making these little guys.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! A snail called Slimey! I told you I tried to name our fishtank snails Snot and Booger, right? Vetoed! :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like your new decorative designs! it's beautiful so much and good idea on site.

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html