Sunday, October 18, 2015

Quilty Roadtrip!

It's been a while since I hit the open road for quilty purposes... or for any purposes for that matter! But this past Thursday, I hopped in the car and headed to Amherst to represent my lovely little guild (as Scrapmaster Linda calls it) at the Nova Scotia Fibre Arts Fest.

The aforementioned Linda and Jeannette @ Stamp Stitch Create had already worked their magic by the time I got to Amherst. Look at all that quilty goodness!
  Doesn't that wall of pillows just make you want to dive in there?
When the Town Hall closed for the day, we headed down the street to Mrs. Pugleys' Emporium to peruse her wares. I was very moderate in my purchasing!
If you're a frequent reader, you might be having a little déjà vu. I do have this charm pack in my stash already, but I figured having a second one would give me a little more versatility in what I end up making!
And I snagged three FQs... some lovely Mirror Ball and two other metallic prints. I already have a project in mind for those lime greens. Pop back on Wednesday to see my latest WIP!
I spend Friday chatting with visitors about our quilts, our guild, and modern quilting in general with Linda @ Scrapmaster and KaHolly. Even though some of the quilts on display are fairly familiar to me now, it was lovely to spend time admiring them. Feel free to pop on over to our guild's blog and check out the voting for Viewer's Choice. We had in person voting at the show and on-line!

It was pretty fun (and nice for the ego!) to hear all the lovely comments about my own work. It's the first time I've ever put my quilts in a show. 
 

Before the rain started on Friday, I managed to pop out and snap some pics around town. This would be a great place to quilt bomb. I think this fellow looks a little chilly in his quilt.
 I love sandstone buildings... we don't have many in Halifax!


Then home again, home again - back to my babies and Himself. There's nothing quite like being away (even if it's only for 24 hours) to make you appreciate home. My guildmates, Val @ Purple Boots & Pigtails and Adrienne @ Chezzetcook Modern Quilts headed into town to represent on Friday. Sounds like was another awesome day!

J


11 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to get there. It looks like it was a great time. Can't wait to see what you create with your new purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful display! It sounds like it went well, and how lovely to be able to hear wonderful comments on your own work. The metallic prints look great together, and I am definitely going to look forward to seeing how the lime gets used later in the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you out and about, I'm like you though and miss my family even if gone for one day lol. Love that wall of pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little guild had a really fantastic show , so many wonderful projects to admire , loved your work .

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to get to spend some quality quilty time with you in Amherst. Wasn't it fun! Your help was very much appreciated . I know it was difficult for you to be away from your little darlings. I made a few trips to Mrs. P's. I don't remember seeing the lime and blue with the silver lines. Who is the designer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenn, it was so wonderful to spend some quilty time getting to know you. I had so much fun! Seeing your work on display was very inspiring for me. I'm glad you were able to have a little get away and sleep in! The show was great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic display - looks so colourful! Quilt bombing would be great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good on you for entering a show! I haven't done that yet.
    Yes, two charm packs are often better than one, and the statue in the kilt probably has very cold knees. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! The booth looks fantastic! Maybe I'll have enough courage to put something there next year. I found a group who travels from Digby so I may be able to make it next year. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once you learn the basics of knitting, you will want to continue progressing to more advanced stitches and knitting patterns. You may also want to samo garn

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html