My name is Jenn and I live in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. When I'm not quilting and blogging about it, I'm a Middle School French teacher at a local independent school. The most exciting non-quilty news in my life these days is that Himself (as I refer to my husband throughout the blog) and I are soon to be parents of twins. Have I started their quilts yet? Nope! Still waffling on a design choice! ☺
*A note about the smudgies in the above photo. Not smudgies, but actual Canadian snowflakes.
A few fun facts about me and my blog:
- I'm a life-long Girl Guide.
- I use a LOT of Kona solids in my projects and (one of) my dream job(s) would be to name new Kona colours.
- I have a weakness for chocolate and peanut butter - together, apart, whatever.
- I can't throw away selvages. Just. Can't. Do. It. Especially if they don't just have dots on them...
- I like to take my finished quilts to fun locations for photo shoots.
- I use nicknames for friends and family on my blog and I rarely show anyone's face. Just because I have a blog, doesn't mean they want to find themselves on it!
- I don't talk much about my non-quilty life on my blog. I figure people read quilt blogs 'cause they like quilting - not because they care what I made for supper last night or what TV show I'm obsessed with (and that would be Downton Abbey BTW).
Coffee Talk voice). Perhaps you'll even talk amongst yourselves. What's your quilt-y guilty pleasure? Discuss!
P.S. My quilty guilty pleasure is... Robert Kaufman's Kona solids. I love organizing (and re-organizing) my Konas. They're stacked in warm and cool piles and labeled with yardage and the colour name (even though I own a Colour Card!) I even have a scrap bin just for Konas! I can hardly wait for the 32 new colours to be available!