Monday, May 02, 2016

I did something a little crazy...

So, a while back, I did something crazy and I'm still on a quilting related high. It's kind of odd that I haven't shared it with you yet! In the span of 24 hours, I learned about an amazing quilting opportunity, bought a ticket, booked hotels and a flight. Julia @ Jada's Quilting Adventures, Anja @ Anja Quilts and our beemate, Dena @ No Frickin' Blog Yet are going on an adventure! We're going to Glamp Stitchalot!
A month from today, we'll be jumping on a plane here in Nova Scotia and ending our day in Ann Arbor, Michigan.  Bonkers. Absolutely bonkers!

I can't even believe that I'm going to be in the same room as  Carolyn Friedlander (oh my... the low volume), Elizabeth Hartman (Hazel, Preppy, I can't even... ), Rashida Coleman-Hale (of Cotton + Steel fame), Violet Craft (Domino Dot!),, Penny Layman (Paper Pieced Home!), and Monica Soloria-Snow. Each instructor will teach the skills needed for a row of an exclusive to Glamp quilt. Do I know what it looks like? Nope. Not yet!

I'll try not to blah, blah, blah about it too much... adventures are WAY more exciting to the person going on them... but there might be a blog post or two! And it might be the tipping point on my Instagram-No Instagram debate!

J

22 comments:

  1. Road trip!!!!! I need to start thinking about fabric choices. It seemed so long ago that we booked it. And now it's less than a month away. Yikes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get. Out. Wow!! Amazing! So jealous!
    P.S. I love the new header!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude. Jealous. Those I structors are the dream team. You need to IG it. I learned from IG that Rashida Coleman-Hale now lives in Sunnyvale, CA, which is where we're moving. If I spot her I will definitely be a dork and ask for a selfie. You will get a whole weekend to absorb their collective genius., no risk of seeming dorky! Yep... Jealous. Can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous!! Can't wait to read about all the fun you get up to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds so amazing! I wish I were going, too!!! <3 Have a blast and I look forward to all the blah blah blah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You crazy kid! This is going to be so much fun and I cannot wait to hear all about it! Blah, Blah, Blah get your ass on IG! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So jealous! Yes please do blog about it, though instagram makes no difference to me - i'm on it but i don't like it much and only tend to see what people are posting during uk time evenings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, please blog when you start the blah blah. Some of us don't do IG. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to hear every detail! Please tell us all about it! And, as far a IG goes...there's so much instant inspiration! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So friggin exciting! Love the new logo by the way! Clearly I have been a blog slacker these days

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how exciting!!!! Definitely share your adventures here, I have to live vicariously through my quilty friends! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh I love those spontaneous "let's do 'er!" things! Retreats sound so tantalising and this one sounds GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute new logo. This is going to be a great adventure. Talk about it all you want.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so jealous! I've been wanting to go to one of these for years! Maybe next one... let's hope!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sounds like an amazing adventure all right Jenn! How fun that you are sharing it with friends too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm going too! I stumbled upon someone on Instagram who could no longer go and she had a hotel reservation too! I know there will be a lot of people there but perhaps we will meet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are going to have so much fun! I had so much fun in November I'm going back again this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I still can't believe we're going! It was a whirlwind of emotions when we booked in 24 hours which for me included a trip to renew my passport! I am so excited for this trip with all of you! I also can't believe we'll be there in less than a month! So much to do before we go ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. 24 hours It was like 20 minutes for me....from "Want to come with us?" to "Sure, why not?" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH, I bit the IG bullet last week, I have no idea how to do anything with it, but I am there.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html