Tuesday, May 03, 2016

May is for Makers!

I love a free tutorial as much as the next gal. God knows I blog about enough of them. But there are some very talented people out there on the interwebs selling their wares. Specifically, they're indie pattern makers. There's a little movement taking shape this month and I aim to be part of it.
TMay Is For Makers | LRstitched.com
I've taken the pledge below (almost) directly from Lindsay @ LR Stitched whose brainchild all this is!

For the month of May, I am committing to support a different pattern maker each week.
I will purchase 5 patterns over the course of the 5 weeks and with each purchase I make, I will tell a pattern maker that their work matters.  My purchase will tell them that I am grateful for the time, effort and passion they put into their brand. I will be sharing my pattern purchase each Monday (well, except for this first one!) on my blog.

There are so many amazing patterns out there that it might be a challenge for me to limit myself to just one a week. But I will... primarily because I want to actually make the items for which I buy the patterns and my time is, well, limited! (Who's isn't? Damn you, Hermione Granger, and your precious Time Turner!)

So this week, I'm going to buy something wee... very wee... from a designer I've supported before. You might remember these mini minis.
They're made from a pattern from Tiny Toffee Designs on ETSY. I've wanted to buy her itsy bitsy paper pieced hexie patterns from the moment I saw them. And guess what? I'm treating myself! Off I go to do some digital downloading!

J

P.S. I hope you'll consider joining the May is for Makers shenanigans. These talented creators give so much to our quilting community. Show them some love!


8 comments:

  1. I love the logo!!! I'll be joining in but have to make up my mind of what patterns to purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this idea and love how the quilting community is joining together to build each other up. My finances are limited so a pattern a week is a bit out of reach, but I've started a list of patterns from bloggers/designers that inspire me and plan to eventually get them all bought. I'm hoping to buy at least one this month! :) Can't wait to see what patterns you end up getting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, Jenn! I'm excited to be taking the pledge for May, too, and looking forward to learning about other awesome designers in the community.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm taking the pledge as well...but I might buy them all at once and talk about them one at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seen something about this glorious month of May. I may have to check out a few patterns ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the logo!!! And the mini made of Carolyn Friedlander. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your mugs Jenn! They would make great little mug rugs as well as these mini quilts!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html