Sunday, March 17, 2013

Home sweet home!

A week away without WiFi!

At first I was hesitant, but honestly, it was lovely to have a little time away from the digital world. No texting, no blogging, no FaceBook, no Pinterest. Just skiing and hanging out... ahh... relaxation!

But now that I'm back, I've been checking out my fav bloggers, pinning like a mad woman and generally making up for lost time.

All this in preparation for what I hope will be another relaxing week of vacation, with the bulk of it spent in my studio. I did some shopping whilst I was away... I think the total sits somewhere near 26.5 yards of fabric. It wasn't all for me! Q-A, back me up here!

My purchases will mean some potential progress on some W.i.P's.

I found the four fabrics on the right to round out some previous selections for Mr. & Mrs. Cousin's wedding quilt... so overdue! It's priority number one on the list. The colours in this fabric from Joel Dewberry's Aviary 2 line are tricky to match, but I think these are gonna work! I still haven't found a fabric that picks up the caramel tone in the leaf, but I'm going to get things underway this week in any case.







I also found a backing for Child's Play, a quilt top that's been hanging around since the early days. The main print in it is the same one I used in Miss K's baby quilt and she's 12 now! The age and style of the fabrics made it tough to choose a backing - they just aren't choices I would make anymore. But this one seems fun!


I also picked up a couple treat fabrics... just because I wanted them. I bought enough of the paisley to make a pair of pj pants should the spirit move me! I'm also kind of in love with the idea of striped bindings right now. Is it wrong to plan a quilt around binding ?

Here's to great week of quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html