Wednesday, March 20, 2013

WIP!

The first three blocks
Late, but still on a Wednesday!


Progress has been made since my last WIP Wednesday in the category of Gotta do's...
 
Child's Play backing purchased, need batting

Jewel Squares (Kaffe Fassett) – blocks completed, need to sew together top

Mr & Mrs. Cousin's wedding quilt - blocks finished, ready to start sashing. It feels a little busy to me, but I'm going to tone it down with wide-ish sashing in Kona Olive.
Yes, those are my feet. I was precariously perched on the footboard!

Mme S-S's retirement quilt -having found no suitable fabric on last week's trip, I will be turning to on-line sources (likely Hawthorne Threads) and ordering this week

Miss K's birthday quilt - Fabric purchased and washed, cutting to begin this week. For those who are keeping track, those are, from bottom to top, Ash, Regal, British peri, Lilac, and Peacock. Here's the pattern: Dare-To-Be-Different

Transformer - Second full set of blocks made, but I'm not happy with the size. I like this quilt too much to leave it at an impractical size. Half the fabric is cut for the next round of blocks.

One of my bee pals sent out a great e-mail a couple week's ago. Some of ther technical quilting terms she shared are too good not to include in a W.i.P Wednesday.

HSY - Haven't Started Yet
PHD - Project Half Done
WIM - Work in Mind
WIVSP - Work in Very Slow Progress
TOAD - Trashed Object Abandoned in Disgust

And a couple related to our fabric "issues." Don't pretend like you don't have them...

SABLE - Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy
FART - Fabric Acquisition Road Trip 

Made any progress on your list?  Remember, it's a tool to keep things going smoothly, not to cripple you into things you're no excited about. If you don't love it, don't work on it!


Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html