Friday, February 07, 2014

Finish! - Kona Strip Trio

Okay... true confessions time. Before you start to question whether I sleep or go to work, I didn't finish these this week. I think I made them over the Christmas break. I just realized this week that I blogged about their creation, but never shared the completed projects!

These lovelies were born out of a problem - the inability to put the lid on my Kona scrap bin! When I saw Q-D using this method to make a quilt for her brother for Christmas, I knew I had to give it a try. First up, blues. There are a variety of green colour pops but Wasabi appears there more than once. It's also used in as the binding - a new Kona addiction! 
Then on to the orange. I used a variety of teal/blues for the pops in this one. It's bound in Peacock. I do love teal and orange together!
Then on to the purple scraps. There were no shortage of these after last summer's Miss K's Dare!  I went with turquoise pops again and bound it in Peacock (again!)
I didn't want to use up large cuts from my Kona stash for backing, but I felt like a print just wouldn't do. So these got the pieced back treatment. I think I like the backs as much as the fronts!
And, yes, those are snowflakes. When most people see snow falling outside their window, their first thought likely isn't "Hmm.... I wonder what quilt pics in falling snow would look like?" That's probably why their neighbours don't look at them and shake their heads in confusion. Oh well.
Would you be surprised to know that there's already a pile of pink strips cut and on my studio desk? ☺

I'm linking up with Quokka Quilts for Thank Goodness it's Finished Friday!

J

15 comments:

  1. CRAZY GORGEOUS FROM TEXAS>.......... i LOVE orange and teal.. these are all beautiful and your pics are glamorous.......Even where I am at, we have snow a tiny tiny bit and I am frozen, fire going, butt on a heating pad, heater on and sipping wine,,,,,,,,,, all 3 of these quilts fit my mood...... and the pink would invite my granddaughters over.......... lol GEAT JOB...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got my GSUSA jelly roll ready to make one of these tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're gorgeous. It's tough to pick a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are cool. Great to see three different versions. Well done no matter when you created them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are awesome... Love the solids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. I don't recall you brining the purple one to MMQG. Were you saving it? They are all lovely - i think my favourite is the aqua

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all beautiful-and the pop of Wasabi is perfect with the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look brilliant but geez it looks cold!!! We're alternating between heat wave and a beautiful 31-32c!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in love with all 3- fronts AND backs! Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just amazing! Love them all so much! Especially the blue one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these! I think the orange is my fave!... or maybe the aqua... and the backs!! omg! the backs are just as awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are beautiful. Love the colour combinations. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Drool. Okay, I really need to make one (or ten) of these.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html