Wednesday, September 17, 2014

WIP Wednesday - Return of the selvages & Christmas jammies!

It seems like I'm up to my eyeballs in partially finished tasks lately... and not just in the studio. I swear if there aren't some finishes soon, I'm gonna lose my mind! ☺

During some Quilt Therapy time with the Squares this past week-end, I quilted the selvage pillow-turned-wall hanging from last week. I opted to emphasize the chevron-y-ness (yup, totally made up that word) of the piece.
 
I didn't want to distract from the selvages... it's really quite busy... so I opted for white thread. In pictures, it only shows well on the back. But I was amazed at the texture that the quilting added to the front. I think it's best viewed in person though!

And I finally got off the fence and made a decision on how to quilt the Plus Two quilts.
Still only showing you a sneaky-peek... patience, grasshoppers, patience! They're all ready to be trimmed and bound!

I did manage to finish these little cuties...

Christmas jammies! They're from a pattern by Made by Rae called Big Butt Baby Pants. The pattern was really easy to understand (the only mistake I made was purely a result of my own carelessness) and includes 6 sizes ranging from 0-3 months to 2T. What a steal at 10$ for the digital download! Himself was a little sad that I didn't have enough fabric to make matching ones for him! I couldn't resist making another pair. Funny, he didn't want ones like these...
Big Butt Clown Pants! In keeping with the long standing tradition of dressing your children in clothes you wouldn't be caught dead in....

With the leftover scraps of the Christmas jammies (and a number of much searched for matching flannels), I'm going to make the babies a Christmas play blanket.

Babies a couple months old don't really need Christmas presents.... but this one will be quick and make for a good backdrop for the inevitable first Christmas photo madness!

Hope you found some time to sew this week! I'm linking up with WIP Wednesday @ Freshly Pieced as well as Let's Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts.

J


15 comments:

  1. I really like your selvedge pillow turned wall hanging. So fun! And the quilting is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was saving selvedges for a while but I'm not sure what to do with them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't image the time it takes to make selvage into string blocks! I am using my selvage and other thin leftovers to make rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chevron-y-ness should totally be a word. I understand it and would use it! Congrats on progress, and hopefully some finishes are headed your way soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenn, if you'll send that wall hanging over I'd be happy to check out the quilting in person! :) Love the jammies, they are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you need to make Himself some Big Butt Baby Pants!! He can't be the only one without Christmas jammies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am knitting a chevron blanket, and chevron-y-ness will be a very handy word. Thank you! :)
    One of the fun things of being a kid is that you can walk down the street in Wellington boots, a tutu and a rainbow beanie (or big butt clown pants), and passersby think you are cute. I am all for encouraging kids to embrace fun clothes while they can!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Plus Two quilts are looking great :) Those babies are going to be fashion makers :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! I really love your chevron-y selvages. I think I have enough material (ahem) for my next selvage quilt, but can not decide which pattern I want to use yet...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenn, I love how balanced and bright your selvage piece is! Can't wait to see the full pic of it finished - looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehe ... Plus Two quilts - perfect name!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the clown pants! he! he! he! too sweet. Can't wait to see that chevron wall hanging. very neat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're making progress, Jenn. I can understand the need for a finish.
    And you are way ahead of schedule for Christmas! The pants will make for cute Christmas pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully quilted! I love that you accented the chevron-y-ness with simple straight lines. Sometimes the simplest design is often the best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're making lots of progress on several beautiful projects. I adore the jammies.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html