Tuesday, April 07, 2015

ALYOF - April Goal

Once again, I'm down to the wire trying to decide on a project for this month of A Lovely Year of Finishes. I've managed to successfully achieve all the goals I've set to date and it creates a little more stress... I don't want to break my streak! But I've finally decided. My goal is to get started on this...
http://pileofabric.com/pages/skill-builder-bom#2015quilt
I was lucky enough to get the complete kit as a birthday present from Himself. But I was so busy finishing last year's BOM, For the Love of Sewing, that I've only managed to get this far on the 2015....
These are the 10 (yes, 10) Ziploc bags needed to contain and organize all the templates. Yikes. To my own credit, I also cut out all the templates and started reading the lessons to date. But as for actual attaching together of fabric... nothing yet.

In a perfect world, I'd like to be caught up by the end of the month. I don't know about you, but the world I live in is far from perfect. Let's see what happens by month's end!

I'm linking up with the April Goal Setting Party....


J

10 comments:

  1. Stunning! I look forward to watching your progress on this. Your Mr is quite the man - he knows how to keep his wife happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome gift! I'm looking forward to watching your progress. I love this bom, I've been thinking about joining in this month too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a finish this will be. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Organization is key. Good luck. Can't wait to see how things unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's quite an ambitious pattern! Can't wait to stop back by and see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm way behind on this project as well. I do have my colour wheel block laid out, but that's as far as I have gotten as well. Good luck and hope you can squeeze in some time to work on it. It'll be a wonderful quilt when it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh.....Aaaah....
    So that's what it's going to look like!
    Have at'er ole girl! It's gonna be great!
    I'm studying the Gravity book now in preparation for the big event!
    Bring on the Konas...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your off to a good start! One advantage you have is seeing all the other color choice and quilting ideas. I look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html