Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sunday Stash - Honestly...

This is getting ridiculous. Every week I could write a stash post. Every. Danged. Week. I'm not sewing as much as I used to and there's a lot of fabric in that stash already. Blah, blah, blah. You've heard it before.

Here's what they don't say. Buying fabric just feels good. so there.

Here's the Le Club bundle for April from Fridays Off Fabric Shop. I will also say that it appears her shipping rates have changed... for the better. Just sayin'.
On top there's Anna Maria Horner: Chamomile in Queen, Medallions her True Colors line (thanks to Ali W for giving me a heads up!), Banner Days in Magenta, and Family Unit in Powder. And then there's some Lizzy House Pearl Bracelet in Parrot and Alison Glass X in Magenta (I think...no selvage!)

And I think I forgot to show you the bundle from March. Silly me. I got all caught up in a New Level of Crazy and the Mother of All Sunday Stashes.
Riley Blake's Girl Bikes in Blue,Snapshots Family in Blue, and Snapshots Home in Pink

Lewis & Irene's Hedgerow Flowers on Earth, Fairy on Duck Egg, and Wishes in the Breeze on Lilac. I'd never seen this designer before but now it's appeared at my LQS!

Some required notions arrived on my doorstep this week... Clover bias tape maker, Clover design sheets, and a clever little Add-a-Quarter ruler. Oh God... don't let me get addicted to clever rulers. The fabric is bad enough.
Since I needed another couple dollars of purchases to get free shipping. Damned free shipping. It gets me every time.
I am not as clever as Miss Val from Purple Boots and Pigtails. My improv letters turn out far too large. Paper piecing it is.

Then Aimee from Candy Coated Quilts showed up with her new curated Kona bundles at yesterday's MMQG Sew In. Ack! So good... from front to back, there's Nectarine, Creamsicle, Turquoise, Capri, and Sky. Yummo.
I'm sure I can stop any time I want to.

I'm linking up with the incomparable Aussie, Molli Sparkles! Sometimes he even writes me back when I leave comments. Squeeee! Like an actual famous bloggy person reads my wee comment.

Molli Sparkles

Now to go sew something!!!

J

13 comments:

  1. Holy Retail Therapy Missus! I'm shaking my head... but NEVER my finger.
    Do whatcha gotta do.
    I wish I had known you needed bias tape makers, I'd have happily passed mine along. Back in the day I used to do fussy things like that....can't remember when last I felt the urge to place quarter inch tapes around anything.... yay you!
    I can help you with shrinking your letters.... save a tree and come to the darkside. We have chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Retail Therapy Missus! I'm shaking my head... but NEVER my finger.
    Do whatcha gotta do.
    I wish I had known you needed bias tape makers, I'd have happily passed mine along. Back in the day I used to do fussy things like that....can't remember when last I felt the urge to place quarter inch tapes around anything.... yay you!
    I can help you with shrinking your letters.... save a tree and come to the darkside. We have chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great share this week! That mystery purple print in the first photo is AMH Medallions from her True Colors range, just in case you ever needed to know! You should try to resist the urge to buy specialty rulers as long as possible. I have failed miserably at this and could possibly have to attend a Specialty Rulers Anonymous program to resolve the issue.... I use a piano stool for my sewing stool and it is chocka-full of specialty rulers! Be strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo what a lot of great fabric! Lewis and Irene are British designers I believe who have just started selling outside of the UK, great to hear they have made it to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenn, I bought *32* yards of fabric last week. Yes, 32 yards in 48 hours -- almost a yard an hour! I got everything for a super steal, but thinking about it still makes me feel giddy and a little guilty all at once.

    I hear what you're saying about the specialty rulers. I tried a friend's Bloc Loc, and it changed my world!

    Thanks for the laugh, and know that you and your fabric habit are in good company. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep retail therapy does feel good! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great purchases. I tried to name the Konas from memory...only got Turquoise right. And then didn't have time to match them to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and your tempting fabric stash! Buying fabric is a tightrope walk for me! While I love it...I also get that horrible rush of guilt too! Hmmm...the quarter inch ruler is one I don't have, yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Kona bundle is so yummy! I went shopping over the weekend and saw some cute hedgehog fabric and thought of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful fabric. Fabric shopping (I am told) is good for the soul. Remember when shopping you are never along.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of goodies in there! I absolutely love the Lewis & Irene's Hedgerow Flowers on Earth, Fairy on Duck Egg, and Wishes in the Breeze on Lilac! I may have look for some of that collection. Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the blog love :) I'm glad to hear your enjoying your monthly bundles from the shop and yes my shipping rates have gone down a bit to $5.95 :) Take care! Alanna from Fridays Off Fabric Shop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Guilty here too. I blame a crappy month for some of my pick-me-up purchases. I am so naughty I accidentally bought a fabric I already had. That cannot be a good sign. What is the fabric equivalent of AA and where does one sign up?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html