Friday, April 17, 2015

Friday Finish - Extra Love Sewn In

What says happiness more than a Nova Scotian spring day? A cheerful finished quilt with Extra Love Sewn In perhaps?
It's quilted horizontally and vertically a ¼ inch on either side of each seam. I used a variety of pink threads... I love to use up partial spools this way. The quilting breaks up the 4½ inch squares and gives a little more interest to the Pearl Pink squares.
For the backing, I would have love to have used one of the prints in the top, but there aren't many stores in my area that sell Moda fabrics. Instead, I opted for a Timeless Treasures Hatch print... the pink's pretty close to ones on the top.
The binding is pieced. Again, I love working from my stash and using up bits of this and that. I used some of the backing fabric, along with three shades of Kona pink.
Such a beautiful day for a photo shoot! I couldn't resist a few more non-quilty pics. Because one can never have too many of cobbles...
 Or crashing waves...
 Or blue skies!
Back to the quilt!
The Deets 
Title: Extra Love Sewn In (Charm Pack Cherry from Fat Quarter Shop)
Fabric Used: Two Charm packs of Hubba Hubba by Me and My Sisters for Moda
Konas Used: Pearl Pink
Quilting: Straight line gridwork using various shades of pink (Gutterman 320, 300) 
Binding:  Pearl Pink, Peony, Camelia & backing fabric, hand stitched with Gutterman 300 
Favourite Part(s): Being able to make a gift that will bring comfort to a friend
Read more about the process here and here 

I'm linking up today with TGIFF over at Quilting in Amsterdam as well as with Finish Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts. Pop over and see what other bloggers have finished this week!

J

P.S. These pics were taken at beautiful White Point Beach Resort while Adrienne from Chezzetcook Modern Quilts and I were at Quilt Atlantic representing our fab little quilt guild and talking about modern quilts!

18 comments:

  1. I didn't realize where you were until the last photo and then realized White Point from the chair. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely finish! I really am a sucker for a pieced binding, and the Kona pinks work so well to tie the front and back together, I think. I hope the extra love you sewed in is felt when the quilt is used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! The snow is ALMOST gone! Such a beautiful day for a photo shoot with such a lovely quilt. The backing is perfect and so is that scrappy binding! Yay for using up some bits of thread in that awesome quilting job, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the combination of blues and pinks and whites in this quilt, and thanks for sharing the wonderful spring photos of rocks and waves and sun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like that quilt will be as good as a warm hug for a friend in need. Thinking you have just the special person in mind who might need a hug......

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post. luv the photos and the quilt. Nice idea to use up pink threads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt and setting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty (and what an awesome setting for photos!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It almost looks warm at the beach-but we know better! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Inside and out, just like you! This quilt will provide so much comfort, cheer and hope to the lady you're giving it to. I know she'll feel all that extra love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Inside and out, just like you! This quilt will provide so much comfort, cheer and hope to the lady you're giving it to. I know she'll feel all that extra love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty and the scenery for the photo shoot is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely finish! and I love all your photos! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats with this beautiful finish and great foto shoot. Your pictures are great.
    Thanks for linking up at the TGIFF
    Love from Amsterdam.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful finish Jenn! and the photos are awesome. Looks like summer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous quilt! I'm sure the recipient will be so happy and feel so loved when they receive it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The pieced binding works perfect here. Beautiful scenery too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html