Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Swappin'!

Oh, how I love a swap... especially when there's Kona involved! At last week's meeting of the Maritime Modern Quilt Guild, we had a Kona charm square swap. Bring 56, go home with 56. Yes, please!

I discovered that I had a lot of 5 inch strips left from Honey... perfect for charm squares!
 Here's my little pile of treasures - Breakers, Pool, Caribbean, Bahama Blue, Lagoon, & Peacock
I couldn't resist making colour swatches. You know, in case anyone in the exchange wanted to identify the colours they got!
And I got these lovelies in return...
And, of course, out came the Kona Colour Card. 
 
Yes, I full accept that this is fabric related OCD. And I don't care. I like knowing what colours I have. It saves me time when I'm working on a project... and it's fun to play with fabric!
Now all that remains is figuring out another project for all these squares. I really shouldn't make ANOTHER Charm Pack Cherry. So tempting. ☺ Please give me some suggestions!

Hope you found some time to play with fabric today!

J

5 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! I don't think it is OCD at all to label your Konas... perfectly practical and smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had a chance to look through mine yet. And be OCD all you want!!! We can compare lists after I do mine. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I refrained from swapping, couldn't bear to part with any of the bits in my wee stack of Kona deliciousness.
    However recent Kona activity suggests I am going to need a color card....sigh....
    What have you done to me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I refrained from swapping, couldn't bear to part with any of the bits in my wee stack of Kona deliciousness.
    However recent Kona activity suggests I am going to need a color card....sigh....
    What have you done to me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, not OCD at all... I wish I was that good at doing my smaller pieces; however I do do anything to a quarter yard and up and put them on my self made bolts. It's just super fun and pretty to look at!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html