2014 Achievements (If you'd like to compare them to my goals for 2014, check out last year's post!)
- Purchased no quilt magazines and I don't think I bought any books. I did purchase a few digital downloads (Good Old Hockey Game, Big Butt Baby Pants, Preppy the Whale), but have made each and every one of them!
- Finished these items from The List - Starburst QAL, Christmas pillow cases & pillow covers, Good Old Hockey Game.
- De-stashed when I moved my studio - still working on sending some things to new homes!
- Made two twin-sized quilts to be donated to the Choices program at the IWK (one needs layering and quilting). I donated a number of baby quilts as well.
- Completed 5 projects as part of The Library Project! Check 'em out here!
- Made lots of items to welcome Double Trouble into our home
- Completed all blocks of the Pile o' Fabric SkillBuilder BOM up to October
- Made blocks for my virtual bees (ModQImprov finished in May and Global Scrap Bee finished in August)
#1 - The List
Every year at this time, I update my UFO/WiP list. It involves much poking into closets, shelves, and bins in search of WiPs. This year, when moving my studio, I lost the paper list. Oops! Here's a portion of the 2015 version. It's already printed and up on the bulletin board - ready to cross things off as I go!
Improv Herringbone (ModQImprov blocks) - make more blocks & piece top
Toes in the Sand - Layer, quilt, & bind
Underwater - Appliqué, layer, quilt, & bind
Warm/Cool HST - continue making blocks
Selvages - continue making blocks
Sochi Diamonds - Bind & add hanging sleeve
Batik Strip - Layer, quilt, bind, & donate
Skill Builder BOM 2014 - Finish blocks (October, November, December) piece & bind
Honey - Add hanging sleeve
Charm Pack Cherry - Layer, quilt, bind, & donate
#2 - Use my resources wisely
I have a considerable stash of fabric and I enjoy the odd FART or trip to my LQS (please refer to the Alphabet Soup tab if you are mystified by this sentence). I'm not saying I won't buy fabric... I'm just going to work from my stash when I can. It gives me an odd sense of satisfaction! And as for my magazine/book/pattern resources, I've likely got enough inspiration on my shelves to last me well into another decade! That said, my new copy of Patchwork City arrived today! Nothing wrong with the occasional treat! Time is a resource too... so I'm not going to be making big quilt-y commitments this year. The QALs will just have to go AL without me for a while!
This is could be tough to achieve this year. Life has changed a lot in the past seven weeks and there doesn't always seem to be time for quilting and blogging. That said, this isn't just a hobby for me - it's a creative outlet and a stress reducer. I'm going to make a conscious effort to get to as many MMQG meetings and Sew Ins as possible and to get into the studio each day and make something that brings me joy, even if it's just for half an hour. Stress reduction is no less important than laundry or vacuuming... there it is...
P.S. I'm linking up with Yvonne @ Quilting JetGirl who is hosting 15 Quilting Resolutions for 2015 link-up. I've far from 15... but I bet she'll let me link up anyway! :)