Friday, May 16, 2014

The Library Project - True Confessions Edition

Okay, quilty people. Here it is. This month, I have made zero progress on my Library Project quilts. And I do mean zero. I think at one point I knocked the quilt off the rack (where it has been lying abandonned) and subsequently picked it up off the floor.

Shame.

But really, there are times when life just gets too busy/complicated and sewing and/or blogging falls by the wayside. A couple months ago, I decided to re-vamp my Library Project list to include some projects that I felt had more of a purpose. That said, the Library Project WiP that I have on the go isn't "due" until Christmas, so I'm not feeling that pressure/dread of having no present that gets me motivated. The small amount of sewing I have been managing is more deadline oriented! See example ☺

So here is my pledge... this sunny long week-end, I will get my butt in gear. I have already made plans for a quilty photoshoot for my first Library Project, Oh Deer!. It's been finished forever but can't go on to its proper home until I've photographed it!

I have also decided that I will not start my new project (about which I am très excited) until I have at least sewn the borders on my second Library Project, Good Old Hockey Game. I may even start on the machine appliqué since my recent adventures with that technique have been pretty successful.

But that's not all! I have also booked a Sew Day with Adrienne, the creator of this blasted/motivating Library Project, to finish our Sewing Circle Totes. It's not a Library Project since the pattern is from Ade's treasure trove, but it needs finishing!

There. I feel better already. Sometimes you just need a plan. I'm linking this shamefully unproductive post (heck, it doesn't even have any new photos!) up with The Library Project @ Chezzetcook Modern Quilts.
With any luck, this month, we'll see posts from some quilters/bloggers who have fallen of the wagon like me! It's not too late... it's only May! ☺ Maybe I'll even manage a second, productive post before the Link Up closes... who knows?!

J


9 comments:

  1. Thank god it is not just me? It is likely wrong that I wish un-productivity on others - but there you have it! See you Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad regular life gets in the way of crafty life, but that's the way it goes sometimes! It's only May, you have lots of time to get your projects done!! Have a fun sew day with Adrienne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will get 'er all done. Have on your mini Sew-in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see your photos of Oh Deer :) you can do this! Hope you have a great sewing weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. See, the trick is to lower the bar and choose only four projects for the whole year! Not that I'm slouching, I'm just trying to be realistic...which is so out of character, now that I think of it. Anyway, don't beat yourself up, and have fun finishing your totes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sewing's now overrated, eating chips and watching tv is where it's at ;)
    Have fun on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Picking a quilt up, off the floor, is far more progress than I've made recently. As someone pointed out to me, recently, the goal setting police won't show up at our door and arrest us. At least I hope, they won't. Your "Good Old Hockey Game" quilt is wonderful. I've never seen one like it. I can't wait to see how you quilt it. I love the fabrics you've chosen for your tote. It will be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha it seems a lot of us have gotten a bit behind on the QAL. What happened to the past month? It flew by in a hectic blur for me. Good luck with getting caught up, and good for you getting your other deadlines finished in the meantime : )

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html