Friday, January 15, 2016

Friday Finish - Return of the Mega Bib

Well, the tree is down and the ornaments packed away. DT can't possibly keep wearing their Christmas Mega Bibs (no matter how popular they were in the blogosphere).
Time to whip up a less seasonal version! These were made of laminated cotton from my stash and backed with Kona Bahama Blue and Lake that I had on hand (hence the seam).The print is Tear Drop from Dear Stella.
I had just enough of the Cat in the Hat laminate (previously seen in The evolution of a Bib) left to make two more Mega Bibs. I will admit that I had to make the side flaps just a little smaller to fit my pattern on the yardage I had. Turns out that they fit DT better than the Christmas original!  These ones are backed in Kona Chinese Red and Peacock, FQs from The Candy Coated Collection. Thank goodness I haven't given that up for The Year of the Stash!
Himself requested a larger piece of Velcro to make the neck closure more adjustable. Done. Honestly, these bibs just get better and better!
And because these bibs are so awesome, they were much admired at a family gathering on Boxing Day. Cousin Isaac needed one too (he has a quilt, but that's no good at suppertime). His version is made with the last bits of my Ann Kelle laminate and backed with Kona Chartreuse.
 
There are mere scraps of laminated cotton in my stash now. Perhaps enough for a zipper pouch or two. ☺ How's that for using one's stash? One might even call these Stash Projects #1! It may not be a quilty finish, but it's a finish nonetheless. I'm linking up with TGIFF @ Faith and Fabric, as well as with Finish Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts.

J




10 comments:

  1. These are so cute - and we are Cat in The Hat nuts in this house! What an awesome way to use up scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all so cute but I love the whales! And all that yummy Kona on the backs! These are such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More of these lovely bibs that keep your kids stylish and clean at the dinner table. Very nice fabric choices in these bibs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great Jenn. I like how they evolve. I also like the laminated fabric (wish they'd had that when my girls were babes). I'm going to check out your bib link as I have some about-to-be-first-time-nana friends...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah for more bibs. Congrats on your first stash project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like we were both on to laminate this week. Nice bibs - a very important piece of baby gear that is so often overlooked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What cute finishes, and they can be worn at any time of the year. I love the laminate fabric but, without babies, I haven't found many uses for the scraps (not that I have very many anyway). Great idea! Visiting from Crazy Mom Quilts linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! When my little ones needed bigger bibs (like when feeding themselves spaghetti!), I used to tie receiving blankets around their necks. These mega bibs are much cuter :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so amazing it must be time to make a pattern to sell or get them mass-produced and sold in every department store!
    No more laminate cotton!? One of the fascinating things I think we will find about working from stash is what we will run out of first. Already for me it looks like white – white fabric, white thread ...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html