Wednesday, January 20, 2016

WIP Wednesday - An oldie but a goodie...

With my design wall emptied of QPP Project #1, it was free and clear for me to pull out a long standing WIP. Remember this one? Yup, it's the Polaroid I Spy quilt.

Once I figured out just how many more blocks were needed, I set to trimming. I might have gone a little overboard in the making and swapping of Polaroid blocks. But it was so much fun!
When I was getting ready to cut more coloured strips for the edges, I came to a realization. The offcuts from my other blocks could be used for more coloured edges. Less wasted Kona AND a tidier scrap bin. Score!
Squee! Blocks edged in coloured scraps, all ready to be trimmed during another naptime.
Rainbow happiness!
In other WIP news, I've been stitching away on my iPhone case (though I'm on a little hiatus due to an injured wrist). Many thanks to the generosity of my MMQG peeps, Jeannette @ Stamp Stitch Create and Karen @ Sugar Free Quilts.
Progress so far. 20 of 60 triangles done!
 
I also decided what fabrics I'm going to use for my Quilter's Planner cover. What do you think?
I'm linking up with Let's Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts, as well as with WIP Wednesday @ Freshly Pieced.

J

24 comments:

  1. your cover fabrics are smashing! nice choices.

    and that polariod i spy is really FUN! get that one going again. do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! I love your rainbow polaroids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the polaroid quilt! The rainbow sashing looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rainbow Polaroids are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute way to do an I Spy! Darling. The iPhone case intrigues me because I've never seen one. I own a Samsung Galaxy, but I'm sorely tempted to switch to iPhone because of that case. Way too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! Loving that Polaroid of the Polaroid...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, the Polaroids are looking so good, especially in rainbow order. Yum! I had fun looking at the images and *love* the astronaut one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very colourful! Can't wait to see all the blocks sewn together. Great fabrics for your planner cover. I think I have mine chosen as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very happy to see these blocks back up on your wall. I love all those fresh Kona frames and how well they play together. Sorry to hear your wrist has been injured. Praying for fast healing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous projects! Your fabric pull is great, I love the colourful dots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The I Spy blocks are adorable! How much fun will the littles have with that?? Your fabric pull for your Quilter's Planner is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Polaroid blocks look like such fun, I will have to remember them whenever/if I ever have kiddos come along. So many fun possibilities! And your phone case is coming along well, it's going to be lovely. :) And I spy Alison Glass! (Not that I'm infatuated or anything. Lol)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your Polaroid I Spy quilt. The rainbow frames are bright, bold and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the fabric pull! We just might be fabric twins separated at birth :) Would you send me the selvage I go for the navy? I've used all mine and would love to track down more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Polaroid I Spy quilt is amazing. I like the navy with the dots.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How awesome - love your Polaroids done up all rainbow bound Jenn!
    What a cool iPhone case and yes the fabric pull for your planner looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your polaroids, I used polaroids as my modern quilters Ireland bee block of last year, have yet to put them all together yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The rainbow Polaroids quilt is wonderful. What a great UFO to dust off.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love love those polaroids and also the fabric pull. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  20. rainbow polaroid I spy -what a great idea! that phone case looks great now

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! The Polaroid quilt is coming along. Using scraps is a bit cleansing for the soul. Remembering those past quilts made with beautiful fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lots of yummies in your post! Great projects! Keep going :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. They look great framed by the bright colours.
    I also have fun spotting the fabrics I sent you - an I-spy for grown-ups. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html