Wednesday, January 13, 2016

WIP Wednesday - The little things...

So many little things going on in the studio this week. Most aren't photo worthy, like finishing the backing for Quilting Protection Program Project #1 or tidying the stash closet, but there are a couple worth sharing, my trusty tackle box for one.

Not so interesting, you say? What about if I open it? ☺
Better? It's my collection of embroidery floss circa 1995. Please note the dividers and the masking tape labels. Yup, I've always been organized/had OCD. But back then, I didn't have a label maker. Here's another blast from the blast -price tags from Crafters Haven and Lewiscraft. Can one buy anything for 49 cents anymore? Ack. I just sounded VERY old.
Why did I even open that dusty old case? Himself gifted me a stitchable iPhone case for Christmas. What fun! I found this lovely version over at Hugs are Fun that reminded me of HSTs. So I set to copying it. I'm gonna need a little help from my friends to collect enough colours of floss to complete this one! Two evenings of TV viewing and stitching later and here's my progress...
And in other WIPs, another fabric pull! There was such commentary on the fabrics I pulled for my January OMG goal that I had to get out some more. You see Val @ Purple Boots & Pigtails, I'm well prepared for the stashpocolypse! But seriously, a little birdie told me that I might have my long awaited Quilter's Planner in my hot little hands this week-end. Time for a planner cover!
Whimsical babushkas? Trendy C+S Mochi? Practical navy? Plain 'ole weird Tula Pink. Decisions, decisions. Opinions welcome!

I'm linking up today with Lorna's Let's Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts. Pop on over and see what others are up to!

J

P.S. Many thanks to Yvonne @ Quilting JetGirl for her inspiration in figuring out how to watermark my photos. She offered up a tutorial yesterday, so I'll be experimenting for the next little while!

13 comments:

  1. Such a fun phone case, kudos to your husband for picking it! And I love that your embroidery floss is in a tackle box, that's such a good idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stitchable iphone cover? That is so friggin' awesome. I have to get your husband to talk to my husband ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you comment on my stash? Send me your stash! What is that navy? I want it the most!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome phone case, I need one! Did you get the navy fabric from Avonport fabrics? I've used all mine :( Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stitchable iPhone cover! What?! That is so cool!
    I vote for the matryoshka print AND the navy! Will they work together ok in real life?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your posts are always so delightful to read! Loving that switchable iPhone cover! And, I love your header picture! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are quite welcome! Watermarks do take some time to sort out what you like. I am excited that you will be getting your Quilter's Planner soon, and man that case cover is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dude. SERIOUSLY? You are a tease.
    *hangs head, stomps off, goes to find the dolly fabric that lives in her stash.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see what you come up with for that gorgeous fabric pull :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Talk about going well into the past....Crafters Haven and Lewiscraft...wow. I love your new phone case. I think I have my fabric pulled for my planner as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of a stitchable phone case - great present!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a thoughtful (and FUN!) gift! You hubby sure knows his girl! Looking forward to seeing how your planner works out. Those are some great fabrics.... Especially the Tula.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the case so far! I generally just do rainbow because it's a lot easier than trying to plan out a more unique color scheme!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read them all and do my best to reply. If you're a no-reply blogger, I can't reply no matter how nice your comment is. Don't know what a no-reply blogger is? Check out this post - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html